If you are a processor, butcher, and/or meat retailer:
- The American Association of Meat Processors is keeping a helpful list of resources.
- NMPAN has also posted a helpful resource list.
- See below for details about our Facebook group for meat industry producers, processors, and retailers who want to connect and help each other in their regions.
- If you are a butcher/chef looking for work, join our Switchboard (see below for more info) as we are starting to see small processors who are struggling to meet demand and may need butchering help in the near future.
- The Good Meat Project has expanded upon an original directory of whole animal butcher shops that New Amsterdam Market recently compiled. The Good Meat Project is continuing to build this national database of whole animal butcher shops that source local meat. We are updating it hour by hour so the list will continue to grow. If you don't see your business on there and would like to be included, please submit your information here.
Eager to inspire responsible meat consumption in your community? Establish a Meat Collective! It’s easier than you think.
Our big ambitions + your support = good meat solutions. No donation is too small to help strengthen our project.
Find a farmer. Exchange recipes. Share equipment. Swap advice. Our Switchboard is here for you.